Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Freezer Stocking Party, Part 2


WE DID IT!  It only took 4 hours on "Packaging Day" (that's what I'm calling it when we get together to assemble all of our meals and package them for the freezer--hokey, I know, but it makes sense to me!).  Here's some pics of our meals (please forgive the photos; I'm new to photography, but I'll get better!)


22 Freezer Meals for our two families.

Our "leftovers" (SCORE!)  2 lbs of raw ground beef, 1 lb of cooked ground beef, 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken, 2 cups of Parmesan Chicken coating, and 2 gallons of chicken stock from boiling all of our chickens (shown in the photo above, of the table).  All of this was divided between the two of us (I took the raw ground beef and the Parmesan coating, my friend took the rest.  I made a meatloaf with the ground beef and put the coating into the freezer so I'd have it on hand for my next Party)

 Over the past two weeks, my friend and I have been checking in with each other to see what the other is making for dinner, and to see which meals each other's family likes.  I'm happy to say that all of our recipes were a hit!  The Spinach Cheese Burgers and Garlic Ranch Chicken were definitely favorites, though. 

We're planning to do this each month.  Are you planning a Freezer Stocking Party?  Let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment