Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How I Turn One Pound of Hamburger Into Dinner for Six--WITHOUT any "Helper"

Don't get me wrong--"Helper" is a fabulous time-saving invention!  I have been known to use a "Helping Hand" more than I care to admit.  One night, however, I found myself in the middle of a cold-weather induced blackout with only one pound of hamburger to feed six hungry family members.  No lights.  No microwave (gasp!).  One Pound.  I had to think FAST and this is what I came up with.  It has been known in our house ever since as, "Hamburger Stuff."

Ingredients:

1 lb. Hamburger Meat
2 boxes Fast-Cook Rice Mix (I use Uncle Ben's Original flavor)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 1/2 Cups frozen mixed veggies

Brown the hamburger meat and drain off excess fat.  Add two boxes of rice mix and the water called for on the rice box.  Follow the directions on your box of rice to cook (mine says to bring to a boil, then cook for 5 minutes).  When the rice is done, add the soup and veggies.  Cook until the veggies are warm.

It's THAT easy!  I usually serve this with biscuits (homemade or canned) and a green salad.

I hope you like this as much as my family does!

What's your family's favorite easy go-to meal?

Linkng with:

A bowl full of lemons


No comments:

Post a Comment